Friday, May 22, 2015

Bike Trip: Preparing to Leave

So the trip starts this weekend! Unfortunately I had to cancel the first day due to complications with finding a biking companion. So I will be starting my trip in Lockport on Sunday morning and going all the way to Albany. My sister has agreed to join me on the trip, which I am looking forward to, and I have a friend that is going to drive and carry our gear for us. The trip is packed full of site visits and exploring all the communities along the way.


We will be doing a combination of camping and staying in hotels and biking around 45 miles a day. I have been doing lots of training in preparation for the trip and have been reaching out to sites to arrange visits. Now all I have left to do is finish packing!

Follow along here for updates along the way. I will be blogging and posing on social media throughout the whole trip.

I would like to give a special thank you to the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor for giving me a travel grant to help pay for my travel expenses along the way!

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to following your progress. Can you do me a favor? If you find cool places to eat and drink along the canal can you post photos of food and beer?
    DWenzel Photography

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Schoharie Crossing! I'll probably need it

    And Don, I will be happy to post all the good spots I find to eat and drink, that's definitely all part of the fun!

    ReplyDelete